Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thorsday The First

The triumphant return of Thorsdays! (A feature that was a favorite of my mother's on my sketch blog) I was inspired by How to Train Your Dragon - my new favorite animated movie; hard to go wrong with animated films about vikings. I still need to see Astrix and the Vikings though I think I will Netflix that today...





















Behold the mighty Thor. Whose hair was a red and would shoot sparks, who wore a crown with points of fire, wielding Miolnir, wearing Iarn-greiper (magical Gauntlets that allowed him to wield Miolnir), as well as Meigin-giord (magic belt that gives him great strength). He's dressed in a red suit because that was his sacred color as well as a magical color in Norse myth.

I'm extremely happy with how this one turned out and I think I will have to do the other Norse gods in the weeks to come.

No comments: