Sunday, March 7, 2010

IRDRIVR

I only learned how to drive last October, and after I passed my driving test I sketched an Ed "Big Daddy" Roth style version of me driving a hot rod for my sketch blog.














Here is the final version that I created in Illustrator. A friend of mine recently contacted me about doing some Illustrator work and now I'm all gung ho about working with the program. This project was something that I have been wanting to work on for a while so I decided to just do it. I got this done in 16 hours or so. I haven't decided if I want to do more with the image, like shading. I want to do a little more with the background but right now I can't think of anything specific that would add to the piece.






















Close up of my head. I based my head mostly off of Rat Fink, thus the bug eyes, tongue and drool.






















Here is a detail shot of my Kappa Tattoo. I decided to show a detail of it because it turned out really cute which I hadn't really expected.





















Detail shot of Laura riding on the back of my hot rod in a bikini with her parasol.






















Detail shot of the snake tattoo that I designed for Laura's arm. She doesn't really have this tattoo but we've discussed the concept before.






















Details shot of a Jellyfish tattoo I made up on Laura's leg. She doesn't really have this tattoo but she has talked about getting one like it for her mother.

No comments: