Monday, January 19, 2009

Wormwood Fan art

Here is my rendition of Ben Templesmith's character Wormwood from the comic of the same name. I tried to copy how he describes his process which is something that I used to do but not to the degree that he does.





















I took a hand inked drawing and scanned it into photo shop where I added layers of color underneath the line drawing and then added shading and highlights where needed.






















Here's how far I got.
I like this process I was able to work much faster then I have been lately and finish something that looks nice and similar to my reference point. The only thing that I still need to do that Templesmith does is I need to add layers of texture and a cooler back ground.

EDITED TO ADD :



The finished result with added textures and textured background.

No comments: