Tuesday, January 7, 2020

2019 was a hard year for me: my dad died and I got a divorce . As my life changes I think of this quote from the Never Ending Story. While I have experienced loss, the people in my life and my relationships are not lost to me. I can no longer call my dad and ask him how to cook something or ask him to get a piece of art framed for me. But I can remember him and use his example to inspire me. I can reflect on how his life transformed me into the person I am today and be there for my family. My dad is gone but he is not lost because I remember him. I will always have the relationship I had with Laura. It was a part of my life that happened, the growth and life we lived the love we shared, it was real. I got to spend many years with my best friend and now it is time we go in new directions. Our marriage is over and our relationship and my identity is transformed. It is not lost because I am still here, I am who I am because of my life experience and the relationships in my life. I am optimistic on a personal level for 2020 (the rest of the world looks fucked) and I am looking forward to the new opportunities in my life knowing that my past has made me capable of handling my future. #auryn #neverendingstory #ink


No comments: