Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tattooed Sailor Girl

Originally this was going to be part of a post I was going to do on 10.10.10. where it was a series of 3 pinups all 10s (get it?) however, my homework ended up taking longer and I had some problems making art during the week so I have decided to simply post them all separately as I make them.
I have have a series of Sailor Girl pinup sketches sitting around for a long time and I have been meaning to finish one. This surprisingly was not one of them, after having so much fun illustrating the Tattoo Style Gilda Head I felt like drawing another portrait like that. I gave her that expression channeling Popeye the Sailor Man. I tried to giver her all traditional sailor tattoos. I had added the 10s for the 10 theme I was going for, though with what I have planned for my next pinup it ended up becoming more of a playing card theme.

No comments: